Jay-Z has joined the billionaire club. He is the first rapper to achieve the milestone. According to Variety, the artist’s primary holdings follow, which Forbes calculated by “looking at the artist’s stakes in companies like Armand de Brignac champagne applying our customary discount to private firms then added up his income, subtracting a healthy amount to account for a superstar lifestyle,” which were then vetted by “a roster of outside experts.”
Jay-Z has accumulated a fortune that conservatively totals $1 billion, making him one of only a handful of entertainers to become a billionaire—and the first hip-hop artist to do so.
▪ a $70 million stake in Uber
▪ his ownership of the streaming service Tidal
▪ his $70 million art collection
▪ his ownership of the Roc Nation sports management company
▪ $50 million in assorted real estate holdings and his music catalog.